Blackwell Publishing, By Tom White, PHD
Have humans been sharing the planet with other intelligent life for millions of years without realizing it? In Defense of Dolphins combines accessible science and philosophy, surveying the latest research on dolphin intelligence and social behavior, to advocate for their ethical treatment.
- Encourages a reassessment of the human-dolphin relationship, arguing for an end to the inhuman treatment of dolphins
- Written by an expert philosopher with almost twenty years of experience studying dolphins
- Combines up-to-date research supporting the sophisticated cognitive and emotional capacities of dolphins with entertaining first-hand accounts
- Looks at the serious questions of intelligent life, ethical treatment, and moral obligation
- Engaging and thought-provoking