Publisher : New World Library
From the Inside Flap
From the Back Cover
Reviewers are On Fire about Set The Page on Fire:
* “unreservedly recommended for both community and academic library Writing/Publishing instructional reference collections.” – Midwest Book Review
* “one of the very best books ever on how to write a book, how to get it happily published, how to promote it – and why all these things are worth doing.” – Author Ken McCarthy
* “filled with practical, real-world experience and relevant anecdotes yet it was not repetitive nor boring to read.” – Author David Woghan
* “a compact, readable and incredibly useful book. Go go go.” – Author Paul Krupin
* “not like any other book on writing I’ve ever read.” – Author & Critic Marilyn Dalrymple
* “An essential addition to any writing library.” – Author Brian Rouff
* “Practical and Empowering” – S. Newlon
Set the Page on Fire: Secrets of Successful Writers is based on over 250 interviews with published authors and publishing professionals. It embodies 25 years of experience teaching writing and public relations to thousands of students from prison writers to Pulitzer Prize-winners.
From 2004-2008, Steve O’Keefe ran the startup AuthorViews, criss-crossing North America interviewing authors about their books. These interviews culminated in Set the Page on Fire: Secrets of Successful Writers, which contains actionable ideas for igniting your writing projects.